To make changes to your router’s settings, you need access to the management interface. For this, you need to know the IP address of your router. Although IP addresses such as 192.168.1.1, 192.168.0.1 are used, there are also router manufacturers that use different IP addresses. Therefore, you may need to find out which IP address you should use.
The method for finding IP addresses differs according to the device you are using. You can find the IP address of your router by selecting the appropriate method:
Find Router IP Address on Windows
- Follow this route Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt.
- Now in the command prompt window enter following commands one by one
- ipconfig | findstr/i “Gateway”
- You will see something like this:
C:\Documents and Settings\administrator>
ipconfig | findstr/i “Gateway” Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.l.l
- Thus here your default IP is 192.168.1.1 though it looks like 192.168.l.l
Find Router IP Address on MAC OS
- Go to terminal and open it follow this route
- Finder > Applications > Utilities > Terminal.app
- Once the terminal is open input this commands
- netstat – nr | grep default
- This would give you the following result
$ netstat – nr | grep default default 192.168.1.1 UGSc 50 46 en1
- This shows the default IP address of router is 192.168.1.1
Find Router IP Address on Linux
- Open the terminal. You can simply find it on the desktop or by searching it in the search bar.
- Click Applications > System Tools > Terminal.
- When terminal opens, type in following commands
- ip course | grep default
- These command will give you result like this
$ ip course | grep default
default by means of 192.168.l.l dev eth0 proto static
- Thus again you can see the system gives the default IP address of router 192.168.1.1
Find Router IP Address on iPhone iOS
If using iOS9 or iOS8, navigate to Settings > WiFi and click the wireless network to which you are currently connected. Look in the DHCP section to find our your router’s IP.
Find Router IP Address on Android
A third-party app called Wi-Fi Analyzer is the easiest method for Android devices. After installing the app, tap on the ‘View’ menu and choose ‘AP list’. You’ll see ‘Connected to: [Network Name]’. If you tap on it, a window will display your network’s information including your router’s IP.
Default Router Username and Password List
If you haven’t changed your router password before, you can use the list below: